On this page:
When you create a JSTOR publishing target for a project in Forum that has an existing Artstor target, you'll notice that many of your project fields will be automatically mapped. Forum's automapping will replicate the mappings from your existing Artstor target.
Before publishing to JSTOR, we recommend checking each of the field mappings and make any necessary changes, because certain fields are used differently between the two platforms.
See Managing Field Mappings for more information on editing field mappings.
Source / Holding Institution
When reviewing your field mappings, you may notice that your project's Source field has been automatically mapped to the Holding Institution target field in JSTOR. This is due to the Source field being used differently for licensed Artstor Digital Library content.
To correct this mapping in your JSTOR target:
- In your Project Settings, select the Target tab, select your JSTOR Target, and then select "Map Project Fields".
- Unmap the Holding Institution target field by opening the drop-down menu and choosing "Unmapped".
- Remap your project's Source field by locating the Source target field, opening the drop-down menu, and choosing "Source".
- Click the "Save" button to save your mapping changes.
If your project contains Earliest Date and Latest Date metadata, you'll need to map these project fields to Custom Fields in your JSTOR Target in order for that metadata to work with JSTOR's searching, sorting, and filtering functionality. In addition, these two fields must have the exact field labels "Earliest Date" and "Latest Date" within Forum.
To relabel your Earliest/Latest Date project fields (if applicable) and map them to Custom Fields:
- In your Project Settings, switch to the Fields tab and edit the Artstor Earliest Date field by selecting the checkbox and then "Edit Field".
- Change the Field Label to "Earliest Date" and click "Save" to save your changes.
- Repeat Steps 1-2 to relabel the "Artstor Latest Date" field to "Latest Date".
- Switch to the Targets tab, select your JSTOR Target, and then select "Map Project Fields".
- Find the Custom Fields target field at the bottom of the mapping list and use the drop-down to map your "Earliest Date" field to Custom Fields.
- Select "+ map another field to custom_fields" and repeat Step 5 to map the "Latest Date" field to Custom Fields.
- Select "Save" to save your mapping changes.