On this page:
We've created community lists for RightsStatement.org rights statements and Creative Commons licenses that you can connect to your projects. If you map these fields using the configuration in this article, then the terms will display with badges in Artstor and link to the rights statement and/or license you linked. These community lists are already included in the Visual Resources and Dublin Core project templates you can use when creating new projects. Each term includes a description for the term and a URI if available.
RightsStatement.org provides standardized terms called rights statements to summarize the copyright status of items. We created a community list called Rights that can be connected to a list field in your Forum project and then mapped to the Rights field for your Artstor institutional, public, or personal collection target.
Creative Commons licenses are a set of licenses that can be applied to a work and indicate how a work can be used. We created a community list called License that can be connected to a list field in your Forum project and then mapped to the License field for your Artstor institutional, public, or personal collection target.
Each of these community lists are included in the project templates you can use to create new projects. Before adding new fields for these lists, check to see if you already have these in your project. If you do, then you can skip to mapping these fields to the correlating target collection fields so end users can see them.
To add RightsStatement.org or Creative Commons lists to your project:
- In Forum Admin, select your project and then the Fields tab.
- Select Add Field and select the field type List Field. It's important to use a list field because if the display term values are altered by catalogers, the terms will not display correctly in Artstor. A list field prevents catalogers from editing the values on the list.
- Under List Selection, select the community list you want to add to your project. If you want to add both of these lists, repeat these steps to create a field for each community list.
- Rights is the community list for RightsStatement.org
- License is the community list for Creative Commons.
- Complete configuring the list field by providing a field label of your preference and changing any other settings. Be sure to add the new field to a cataloging form. Select Create. You project is now ready to select terms from these lists and link them to your items.
To map Rights or License lists to collection fields:
- In Forum Admin, select your project and then the Targets tab.
- Select the target collection you want to map and then Map Project Fields. Manage Publishing Targets includes information about creating a new target collection.
- Map the Rights list field to Rights.
- Map the License list field to License.
- Save the changes you made and then publish or re-publish your items to this collection so they display the new RightsStatement.org or Creative Commons terms.