On this page...
Download Single Media File
- Double click on an item to open it.
- Under the media viewer, select Media then Download Media.
- You will be prompted to select where to save the media file. The same filename will be used unless you alter it.
- You can also export a single media item from the project view by clicking on the checkbox next to the item and selecting Download Media Files from the menu bar.
Batch Download Media Files
Use the batch download media function if you would like to export media for any purpose. Currently, you may batch download up to 100 media files at one time into a zipped file, which will be sent to your user email address. Downloading the media does not remove it from your project, but rather exports a copy of your original media file.
To batch download media files:
- If you would like to select as much media as possible to download from your project, change the display setting in the item panel to view 100 items per page, then check the select all box. You can also select specific items by using use Control + click (Command + click for Mac).
- The Actions Bar will appear at the top of your project. Click Download Media Files.
- You will receive a confirmation box specifying that this will compress the files. Select Ok to confirm this action. You will receive an email with a zip file of the selected media. The arrival of this email depends on the number and size of the media files selected.
- When you receive the email, select the link “ready for download” and use an unzip utility to open the file. Files will be exported with their SSID prepended, like this: [SSID] _ [Original Filename].
Generate URL for Media File
Select an item to edit and open it in the Edit tab. Select Share. The Share URL will be automatically copied to your clipboard. This URL can be shared with anyone and allows them to download the original media file without needing to be a Forum user.
Generate Media URLs with Excel
You can generate a URL to link to a media file within your project by exporting selected data records to Excel and copying the link from the Media URL column.
To generate media URLs with Excel:
- Select the items you want to share, either through the select all box or by choosing specific items with Control + click (Command + click for Mac).
- The Actions Bar will appear at the top of your project. Click the Export Records button.
- This will generate and export an excel sheet with the file name ss_assets_[SSID]_[SSID]. You can change this file name to one of your liking after opening.
- Then open the file in Excel and locate the column titled Media URL. Then copy and paste the link within that column to share.
When an Excel spreadsheet is uploaded in the Forum, the media URL column is ignored, so any content changed or added in this column will not be reflected in the data record.