On this page:
On-going maintenance of projects may lead to shifting content between projects to fulfill a specific need. The following steps can be used to move content between projects.
Export Data from Previous Project
- Select the project that contains the items you’re moving. From the item panel, select the Options menu and then Export All Records. Excel has a limit of 65,536 rows.
- Open the spreadsheet in Excel and clear the top row of the field headers.
- Open the template you created for the new project. Copy and paste the headers from the new project template into the corresponding columns in the exported data sheet.
- In the SSID column, change all SSID numbers to NEW (case-sensitive) and save the Excel sheet.
Import Data to New Project
- In Forum, select your new project.
- From the item panel, select the Options menu and then Import Records.
- Select the data sheet with corrected template headers, and then Import.
- You will receive a confirmation window notifying you of the number of records created.
Download Media Files (Optional)
For this next part, you can choose to download the images from the previous project to re-import back into the new project. Or you can upload the source images from your local storage directly – whichever is easiest for you. In the workflow above, when you upload the images after importing the data, the filenames will sync up with the data. The migration process will then be complete. If the images are not available on your hard drive and you need to re-download the images, follow the steps below.
- Select the project that contains the media you want to move.
- At the bottom of the page, select 100 records per page. Select all items on the page.
- Select the options menu and then Download Selected Media Files. Repeat for all pages of media files.
- Once the zip files arrive in your email inbox, unzip the files to your desktop for uploading to the intended project.
- The downloaded multimedia filenames will add the SSID number of the original record to the filename. Be sure to remove this extra information from the filename before uploading into your new project.
- Once you upload the multimedia files, the system will automatically sync the filenames in the data. The migration will then be complete and you can clean up your items, edit the data, and re-create your Sets or Filters that were in the original project.
An optional step, and one that is recommended when migrating out of a project on the same environment, is to suppress and delete the original items. Suppressing will remove the items from published environments. Deleting will remove the items from the original project or you can delete the project altogether.