On this page:
- Select the Add menu in the right corner and select Create Blank Records.
- Input how many blank records you would like to create then select Create Record(s).
- You will receive a confirmation message and from here you can Edit, Export New Records, or Close the window.
Catalog a Single Item
- Double-click the item within your project to open the individual item record. You can also select the item by checking the box to the left of the thumbnail. You can select Edit from the Actions Bar or you can right-click on the selected item and choose Edit Selected. Alternatively, you can choose Edit Selected in a New Tab to open this item record in a separate browser tab.
- Begin cataloging the data based on the available field types according to their labels. Select Save.
- If the item is ready for publishing, select the Publish to make the item available to end users.
- If you do not intend to publish yet, you may close the item by selecting Save & Close.
- If you do not want to close the item, you can use the navigation arrows at the top of the edit tab to move to the previous or next item to edit.
Catalog Multiple Items
- Select multiple items in your project by checking the box to the left of the thumbnail. You can select Edit from the Actions Bar or you can right-click after selecting multiple items and choose Edit Selected. Alternatively, you can choose Edit Selected in a New Tab to open these item records together in a separate browser tab.
- Once opened, an item record will display with the thumbnail images and SSIDs from all selected items with the image viewer on the right.
- By default, values entered in the fields will be applied to all items you have selected to edit. If the items already contained text, fields that contain different data will show “Multiple values” in grey-text. Entering data in these fields will overwrite the data across all items.
- You may edit individual items within bulk edit mode by selecting its thumbnail from the right. The text above the thumbnails will reflect the number of items you have selected to edit. To return to editing all items, select Select All under the image thumbnails.
- Bulk editing records with different values in Boolean type fields will default to False in the bulk display, but selecting and deselecting individual thumbnails will display the correct value for that single record.
- To Clear Data Input CLEAR into the field in which you want to delete the data. The field with CLEAR will now have no data values in any of the edited items after saving.
- Just as in cataloging a single item, begin cataloging the data based on the available field types according to their labels. Select Save to save any changes you make.
- If the items are ready for publishing, select Publish to make the items available to end users.
- If you do not intend to publish yet, you may close the items by selecting Save & Close.
See Create, Edit, and Delete Data Using Excel to learn how to manage your cataloging data in Excel.
You can edit all the items in a project, set, or saved filter by selecting all items on the page displaying in your project, then going to the the Actions Bar and clicking Edit all # items in project. Remember that any data entered where it shows “Multiple Values” greyed out in a field will be overwritten if you type new data in the field. It’s generally not recommended edit all items unless you are adding text to a new field, or correcting the text of a field that possesses the same data across records.
Add Line Breaks in Metadata
Adding a pipe symbol | to your Forum field will create a line break for the published metadata in Artstor. You can add spaces before and after the pipe symbol | if preferred.
Metadata in Forum
Metadata in Artstor