- When working in a newly created Forum project, you will now see prompts on how to upload media files or create a blank record. This is especially useful for new Forum users.
- You can now crop your collection image from the Target tab in Forum Admin. Manage Publishing Targets has the information you need to set up your Artstor publishing target.
Feel free to edit list terms directly in the data record once a term is linked to a field!
- We are happy to announce that JSTOR Forum cataloging tools are officially WCAG Level AA compliant! Download our VPAT document for details.
- We’ve enhanced term search and selection from your project's controlled lists by adding a dropdown arrow to a new and improved list field. For easy access to list terms, click on the arrow and select a term. Partial searching is enabled from this list as well as from the list term window when you click on the list icon. Check out Catalog with List Terms for more info!
- Forum can now accept uploads of multiple compound objects directly from the project's item panel. From Upload, select Group Compound Objects so that Forum can gather the files based on filenames; continue to Add groups of image files before uploading. New items with correctly sequenced images will display in your project. Compound Objects has more information on how to use this new feature!
- Forum Admin has a new project setup workflow. Follow the prompts to set up a new or edit an existing project. For more information check out Create, Copy, Rename and Delete Projects and Manage Publishing Targets. Share your feedback about the new workflow and anything else by reaching out to email@example.com.
- Creator and Subject values are now clickable when viewing an item in Artstor. When you click on one of these values, you will see other items in Artstor from the same creator or use the same subject term.
- We created two new community lists for RightsStatement.org and Creative Commons licenses. These are also connected to the Visual Resources and Dublin Core templates. If you follow the instructions in RightsStatement.org and Creative Commons Licenses, when you publish content with these terms, the items will display with badges and link to the statement or license in Artstor.
- We have a brand new article that we hope will assist with learning how to use Forum. Check out Checklists: A Guide to Learning Forum and let us know what you think.
- You may have noticed, but we have a brand new support site for JSTOR Forum. Let us know what you think by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is a new download size of 3000 pixels that you can configure for your publishing targets. This is to support monitors and projectors with increased resolution. If you select this option for an existing publishing target, don't forget to republish your content so all of your items get updated with this new download size.
- You can now create new Forum users and add them to projects all within Forum Admin! There is a new User Settings tab where you can create new Forum users, edit their access to Forum Admin, and delete them so they can no longer log into Forum. Once a user is created or showing in the User Settings tab, you will still need to add them to specific projects. Manage User Access includes more information about the new User Settings tab and granting users access to Forum. This is hopefully streamlines the process of creating new users because you no longer need to use the Artstor Admin site to create new Forum users.
- When creating new publishing targets, we now suggest mappings for your project fields to the target fields. After creating a new target, if you select Explore Mappings you will see the suggested mappings highlighted in yellow. You can edit and save these or select Go Back to remove them. Map Fields to Targets includes more information about mapping fields.
- There is a new Overview tab for your projects in Forum Admin. This tab gives you a snapshot of the fields, cataloging forms, publishing targets, and users in your project.
- Compound objects can now be downloaded from Artstor! In addition to viewing in Artstor the compound objects you publish from Forum, users can now also download the full or detail view of individual images in a compound object.
- Try our new filters! To make filtering easier and keyboard accessible, we have a new filtering option. The original filter option will remain available while we collect feedback about the new filters. You can turn on the new filters by selecting "Try Forum's updated filters!". The new filters provide the most commonly filtered fields (Publishing Status, Thumbnail, Filename, and Created By) and all additional fields under More Filters. Share your feedback about the new filters and anything else by reaching out to email@example.com.
- The list selection window will remain open so you can search for and select multiple terms from a list. This is the same behavior you see when using the Getty vocabularies.
- To build upon dragging and dropping media files to upload, you can now add multiple batches of images to the upload queue.
- We added a tile view for the item panel that allows you to see your media as a small, medium, or large tile.
- You can change your password within Forum by selecting your username in the top right corner then selecting Change Password. Learn more about this in Access Forum.
- You can now copy values from the item panel and paste them into a field in the edit tab or elsewhere.
- We brought back the ability to drag and drop media to upload. Drop the media into the item panel to start an upload.
- You can now add a collection image when you create new institutional or public collection targets. This 240 by 240 pixel JPG or PNG image displays next to the description. Some examples of the collection image include an institution's logo or an image from the collection that represents the content. Manage Publishing Targets includes information on how to create and edit publishing targets. Previously, you had to first create a target and then edit it to add a collection image. We hope this makes creating new Artstor collections easier by simplifying the steps.
- We began using the HTTPS secure protocol for JSTOR Forum. This will not impact your Forum workflows, but after this change, Forum will meet the standard browser security requirement that is important to many of you and us.
- You can order your columns from the columns configuration window. Previously, you could only order your columns by dragging and dropping them from the item panel, but this allows you an additional keyboard accessible way to organize your project's view. The columns configuration window is also where you can hide columns from view or restore the default view.
- We brought back the ability to drag and drop items into sets. You used to be able to do this in the old Forum interface and now it is back in the new Forum. If you don't have any sets created, you can also drag and drop items into the set area to create a new one.
- Your Master Record will remain selected until you clear it. Previously, the master record would be cleared when logged out of Forum.
- The Search Image in Google option is now available for compound objects. Whatever image is displaying in the media viewer window can be searched in Google now to find additional information about it. Google Image Search includes more about the Search Image in Google feature.
- You can now order your cataloging forms in Forum Admin. If you need to order your cataloging forms at any point so they display in a certain sequence, you can drag and drop or enter a sequence number in Forum Admin. Manage Cataloging Forms provides information about ordering cataloging forms.
- When adding a new field to a project, you can also add it to your cataloging forms at the same time. Before you needed to create the field and then add the field to cataloging forms in a separate step. We hope this makes adding new fields more efficient and easier. Learn more about adding new fields to your project in Manage Project Fields.
- You can delete all items in a project easily by selecting the Actions menu and then Delete All. This option is distinct from deleting select items and displays the total items in your project that will be deleted. As a precaution, you will be asked to confirm this action before the content is deleted from your project. Suppress and Delete Items includes more information about deleting items.
- So you can see your custom fields more easily in the item panel, we moved system-generated fields (such as Updated By and Published By) after your custom fields. Based on usage and feedback, we saw that it was important to keep SSID, Filename, Created By, and Created On in the beginning, but all other system-generated fields will display after your custom fields in the item panel. If you already changed the item panel view by reordering or hiding columns, this change will not impact your settings. This new column order only impacts users with the default column view in the item panel.
For release notes of previous versions, please see the Release Notes Archive.