Download a PDF version of this checklist.
On this page:
- Forum: https://forum.jstor.org
- Forum Admin: https://forum.jstor.org/admin
- Forum Support Site: https://support.forum.jstor.org
Forum Checklist: Access and Training
- Gain access to start working in a project.
- Get trained by registering for a webinar or viewing an on demand training.
- Get to know the community by subscribing to the JSTOR Forum Discussion List.
Forum Checklist: Cataloging
- Watch our Cataloging Overview video .
- Log into Forum.
- Create and describe your content.
- Create a blank record.
- Catalog a single item.
- Catalog or edit multiple items.
- Catalog items using Master Records.
- Use Excel to import new data, edit or delete existing data.
- Edit all items in a project, set or saved filter.
Note that it’s not recommended to use “Edit All” unless adding text to a new field, or correcting the text of a field that has the same data across records.
- Link terms using Getty vocabularies and local authorities when cataloging in your Forum project.
- Link name authorities using ULAN and SSN.
- View and link to AAT and TGN terms.
- Catalog fields with your local terms by using Lists.
- Manage your media.
- Facilitate cataloging workflows.
- Share your project items by publishing to your target collection and view them in Artstor, Omeka, or other end user environments.
- Set a filter on your publishing activity to review the published items in the project item panel.
- Suppress published items from displaying in your collections.
- Use the publishing monitor to check status.
Forum Checklist: Build a Project with Forum Admin
- Log into Forum Admin.
- Jumpstart project building.
- Create a new project, using available templates to define a metadata schema.
- Copy an existing project.
- Also rename or delete a project.
- Manage project fields.
- Know the different project field types.
- Add, edit or delete project fields.
Note when editing project fields, a field cannot be deleted if it contains data. However, use Excel to CLEAR the data from a field in order to change the field type then re-import the data back into the field.
- Configure default values, read-only, and required fields.
- Edit field descriptions.
- Designate field position number.
- Cataloging forms are used as the visual element to view and edit metadata in a Forum project. Review and manage the cataloging forms for any changes in the new project by using the following features.
- Change cataloging form field labels.
- Create read-only access.
- Reorder or delete existing cataloging forms.
Note that when you create a new project, a Full cataloging form displaying all the fields in your project will auto-generate. Also when you copy an existing project, the cataloging forms will duplicate in your new project.
- Watch our Publishing video.
- Publishing targets are set-up to publish and share the content from Forum projects.
- Create a target to Artstor.
- Set up a target to an Artstor Personal Collection.
- Other publishing target options
- Use the following features to manage new and existing publishing targets.
- Manage user access.
- Assign users a role.
- Provision a new user by either confirming or creating an Artstor account; then add them to a project.
- Edit a user’s permissions.
- Delete a user’s access.
- Set base filters to restrict access to specific project records.