As with deleting anything, deleting works can be quite impactful to a project. You want to be certain of the works you are selecting before deleting it, and aware of the changes that will propagate across item records once a linked work has been deleted.
When deleting a work, remember these important factors:
- only one work record can be deleted at a time
- the action can only be performed from the Search Works page
- the work cannot be restored
- any data values propagated to linked item records will remain in the items
- any data values propagated to related works will be removed from the linked works
To delete a work:
- Open the Search Works page by performing a search from the Options menu of the item panel. Perform a search query or filter for the work you intend to delete.
- Click to select the work from the list of results.
- Right-click and select Delete Work Record.
- A confirmation message will appear on the screen, indicating the number of item record(s), related work record(s) and the number of project(s) impacted by the deletion along with a time estimate for the delete action to be completed. Select Continue.
- If the work record to be deleted is not linked to any item records or related work records, a confirmation message will appear on the screen after the work was deleted.
- If any item records need editing to remove the propagated data from the original work, these must be sought and edited directly from the project.